GEORGE CARPET : CARPET
George Carpet : Carpet Stain Removal Sydney
- The name of four kings of Great Britain and Ireland, one of Great Britain and Ireland (from 1920, of the United Kingdom), and one of the United Kingdom
- Christian martyr; patron saint of England; hero of the legend of Saint George and the Dragon in which he slew a dragon and saved a princess (?-303)
- George II (1683–1760), son of George I; reigned 1727–60; elector of Hanover 1727–60. He took an active part in the War of the Austrian Succession 1740–48
- King of Great Britain and Ireland and emperor of India from 1936 to 1947; he succeeded Edward VIII (1895-1952)
- George I (1660–1727), great-grandson of James I; reigned 1714–27; elector of Hanover 1698–1727. The first British sovereign of the house of Hanover, he was unpopular in England because of his German manners and his inability to speak English
- King of Great Britain and Ireland and Hanover from 1820 to 1830; his attempt to divorce his estranged wife undermined the prestige of the Crown (1762-1830)
- form a carpet-like cover (over)
- A floor or stair covering made from thick woven fabric, typically shaped to fit a particular room
- A large rug, typically an oriental one
- A thick or soft expanse or layer of something
- rug: floor covering consisting of a piece of thick heavy fabric (usually with nap or pile)
My Magic Carpet of Films
From his introduction: A ride on a magic carpet is a wonderful thing. It allows you to see the past, the present and takes you into the future. It can give you new perspectives, offer up lessons and provide you with wild adventures. A magic carpet can give you a passport to almost anywhere and so it is with my magic carpet of films. My journey started when I was eighteen months old, in 1916, and continues right up into the 21st Century. It has made it possible for me to meet and work with people from all walks of the motion picture industry. It has taken me to many wonderful places around the globe. It has provided me with a career that extends from the silent days of films, called flicks, to the present era of blockbusters and high tech special effects movies. During this time, I have seen the silent films become talkies and talkies give way to surround-sound. I have seen picture shows go from black and white to color, from ten minute one-reelers to three-hour epics. I have seen film change from celluloid to digital and cameras go from hand-cranked to computerized. I have seen movies presented on a single screen enhanced by organ music give way to multiplexes and home theaters with THX. I have seen movies stars' careers rise and fall and the emphasis on celebrities in our culture. I have seen directors become as famous as their leading actors. I have seen the cost of a movie ticket go from 5 cents to over $10 and box office grosses now reported in the news along with the weather report. A lot has changed in the motion picture industry during my lifetime-good and bad-but one thing remained constant, my love of what I have done. Perhaps it was my destiny, a combination of fate and timing, an early start in the business and my adventurous attitude, that gave me an opportunity to work with some of the most talented individuals in the business and kept me an active part of the industry for so many years. But how do I share with you my story that spans nine decades? Perhaps, to keep things in perspective, let's go back in time on my magic carpet to the beginning.
George - The Carpet Wasp
Found him on the floor behind my desk (I think the sudden change in temperateure must have caught him out), and after a little coaxing he agreed to pose for the camera.
Looks quite scary viewed large.
I did think about warming him up a bit but decided it would be best all round if he just went back out the window.
363 Plemyria georgii - George's Carpet 7216
Specimen 363 Geometridae -- Larentiinae
Locality: Coastal SW Washington State at the edge of Willapa Bay
Scale: Graph squares ? in? or 6.35 mm per side
geo:lat=46.624389 geo:lon=-123.949728 geotagged: hit (map) -->
This is a reproduction of a book published before 1923. This book may have occasional imperfections such as missing or blurred pages, poor pictures, errant marks, etc. that were either part of the original artifact, or were introduced by the scanning process. We believe this work is culturally important, and despite the imperfections, have elected to bring it back into print as part of our continuing commitment to the preservation of printed works worldwide. We appreciate your understanding of the imperfections in the preservation process, and hope you enjoy this valuable book.
urine smell out of carpet
hardwood or carpet
contemporary rugs uk
patcraft carpet tile
carpet cleaning in norwich
area rugs oriental